- Is a relationship characterized by mutual cooperation and responsibility
- Allows each member to have equal status and a common goal
- Causes parties to find roles according to the gift each has
- Is beneficial to those involved
Both the local Church and CEF have a common goal – “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature” (Mark 16:15). We both begin in our local community, because the task of making disciples is such a huge one. It is logical that the local Church and CEF partner together to spread the gospel and bring glory to God, as we work together in oneness, reflecting the love of Christ as a unified body.
Each organization brings its strengths and adds value as together we seek to reach children in our schools and communities with the gospel. We must be committed because we cannot fully make disciples apart from total commitment to His purpose and His church. We can only do this by living with urgency, being obedient to His mission and surrendering our lives to His purpose. Therefore, we must live with faithful adherence to His Word by being intentional to reach the lost and transform the community.
This partnership is for the common goal of…
- Fulfilling the Great Commission. It is CEF coming alongside the local Church to help them reach their communities for Christ through evangelistic outreach to children.
- Bringing families and children into the local Church. It is supporting the local Church as they draw children from the GNC and 5-Day Clubs into their congregation.
- It is the most effective way to fulfill the purpose of CEF; to evangelize, disciple, and establish children into the local church.
- Turning the spiritual tide of America
We understand that it is not about our organization, it is about the glory of God and what He has called us to do, knowing that we are just a vessel being utilized by God to extend His glory. We also realize that the church is not a building, but a body of believers who are joined together under biblical authority and leadership being sanctified to grow in the likeness of Christ, so that we can reflect the love of Christ to each other and the world around us.
We are stronger and more viable when we are striving together with the same vision and passion, moving as one body toward the same goal, reaching the lost children with the gospel. We do this by joining together as one body and one purpose, yet being several parts networking together to spread the gospel, as a community of Christians who pray for one another, esteem one another, edify one another, teach one another, motivate one another, build up one another, instruct one another, serve one another, love one another, and care for one another as we move together under a unified collective will. God’s Will! A unified body networking together with a common purpose to spread the gospel and to bring glory to God who is, our Sovereign and Supreme authority.
We are one body united by the same Holy Spirit who has called us into a common hope of salvation. We also have the same Lord, Jesus Christ, with whom we have a relationship through saving faith, making us Christ’s ambassadors. We are also sent to represent Christ to the lost and dying world around us, because we have been given the ministry of reconciliation to bring our neighbors back to God. Therefore, if Christ has all authority in heaven and earth, we must surrender our lives to His commands by committing our lives to His purpose, by living with urgent obedience to His mission.
Next blog, part 3 of how partnership is crucial to this mission, we will discuss unity and how this plan is implemented.